There is an option in your preferences to set everything to minor edits by default. Its under the edit tab.
Al Gilman 15:07, 20 October 2007 (EDT)
- Oooooo, thank yous! *smiles brightly* — Wisprr
That's weird last night the templates were screwed up and I couldn't read any of the DPTs or anything that was on the template. Bassium!
- *smiles innocently* Well, it could have been during the period that I was adding DPE to the weapons template because I broke a few things in the process until I managed to clean it up. And shouldn't you be to bed by that time young man! *giggles* That's actually why I asked, because I wanted to make certain that I didn't leave anything broken. Hehe, sorry about the confusion, but hopefully everything is all better now! And I've added more templates to play with too!
— Wisprr 11:27, 23 October 2007 (PDT)
- Hey how'd you know I was younger? Anyways I'm usually up past 12:00 AM so yeah, not on the intrernet though just awake.
Anyone out There?
For any of those bodies reading the crazy insane Wisprr's talk page... owie, my head hurts.. and there is still so much to do! I still need to get around to an Areas and Quest template, or we do, or whatever. Not to mention what to do with certain NPCs like Tek and Sys Zero which are now in two different locations in the game, but someone else can wrap their cranium around that one. Oh yea, and for the record, I know I'm not the only one doing so, but for the templates I've added here I can't really claim credit for, since I picked them up from our friendly neighborhood DF Wiki and modded them to better suite our needs here. Anywho, if there is anything I can assist with, make go explody, or if you would like to heap mounds of praise upon me, please feel free to post here.
— Wisprr 23:46, 27 October 2007 (PDT)
You have added a whole lot to the wiki, Good Job! If there is anything you need from me, do let me know.
As far as your questions to weapon types, could you specify what exactly it is that you are refferring too?
Al Gilman 01:16, 29 October 2007 (EDT)
Could you tell me how to take pictures if you know? Do you just press the Print Scr/Sys Rq button? If so, or not, where do I find the picture(what's its file name)? Thanks. --Friend of Chaos 18:33, 19 November 2007 (EST)
Could you please take away the "(Note: Default Head never provides any stat modifiers.)"? I tried but I couldn't quite get it. Thanks a lot. --Friend of Chaos 17:36, 28 November 2007 (EST)
Links to the same page
How do you do the thing where someone is on a certain page and they click on a blue link that sends them to a certain part of that same page? Thanks. --Friend of Chaos 18:04, 29 November 2007 (EST)
I believe (enemy eb) would be an incorrect term to label the enemies you fight outside your mech, as energy blades may not be the only type of weapon. For instance blasters may be introduced later. These enemies should be labeled Out of Mech or OOM. Any other ideas as to what these enemies can be labled? Al Gilman 19:28, 15 December 2007 (EST)
We will probably have to do it eventually, might aswell get it done now. So lets tag the enemies that are out of mech with (OOM Enemy) or (OoM Enemy) which do you think is better? Al Gilman 19:50, 15 December 2007 (EST)
- Hehe, of corse there is always (OOME)! *smiles innocently attempting to stifle her giggling, rather unsuccessfully*
- (OOME) Outside of Mech Enemy and (ME) Mech Enemy would work fine although they do sound kinda funky. Al Gilman 20:07, 15 December 2007 (EST)
Alright (enemy mech) is fine however if we have the otherone be an acronym OM for outside mech or OoM for Outside of Mech it should be capitalized approriatley. Otherwise people are going to be asking "what in the world is an oom???" Al Gilman 20:04, 15 December 2007 (EST)
Ok (OM enemy) sounds good! Al Gilman 20:14, 15 December 2007 (EST)
*groan* Is it really necessary to have pictures of the buttons? Great... --Friend of Chaos 20:49, 16 December 2007 (EST)
- *grins wickedly* Mmmm! I love being creative and knowledgeable and a genius and oh so modest to boot! It makes life so much more interesting, and fun!
- — Wisprr 21:28, 16 December 2007 (EST)
Enemy weapon pages
What do you think about making pages for the enemy weapons that we know of?
wat is minor edit???--yurisho-san-koshiro 11:54, 24 December 2007 (EST)
i gived you a naw Job!....category...(I don' wana thoch the Categorys....It IS my first wiki and i don't wana ener to such staff...)--yurisho-san-koshiro 13:12, 24 December 2007 (EST)
Talk:Weapon Rack pls...tell my...
Why'd you send me to my own character page? - Bassium!
- I'm the one that's character has blue skin. :P Bassium!
- Why the DoomStar III? Shouldn't it be the DeathStar III? Bassium!
- Right. Makes sense now. Bassium!
The term Personal Weapons seems to suit those weapons just fine, if you want to change it go ahead. Character weapons are just fine for me, but I can see how it could cause some confusion amongst people. Al Gilman 03:40, 26 December 2007 (EST)
the war staff...im level 15 but i dident hed time to do it so i knaw youl do it...tnx...:)--yurisho-san-koshiro 02:25, 7 January 2008 (EST)
Yeah thanks i saw the upload file button just after i asked you :) Still confused as to put them onto a page though :( when i put them on they always seem so be either really small or in the wrong place
that does make sense thanks for the help, i'll try it
--kingsam 14:33, 23 February 2008 (EST)
Defense thingy Reply.
Yeah a certain someone deleted it, but yeah I am not an SC so I found it extremely hard to beat that stupid Tyrant. Bassium!
PNG seems to be the preffered image format. I would encourage people to upload PNG files. However if you upload uncompressed jpg files that should be ok to. Its just MSPaint automatically compresses jpgs so they have artifacts and dont look as good as the PNGs that are saved using mspaint. Al Gilman 17:55, 1 March 2008 (EST)
- For you it doesn't really matter since you can control the compression, but if you want to use PNGs go right ahead :D Al Gilman 23:58, 1 March 2008 (EST)
Well, well, well... look who's here!
Yes, there is a reason why Total Damage and DPT were removed. There was a bit of a...problem... with DoT and DPT, so I and another sysop teamed up to fix it. Well, more like I let him know and he's been working on it. Though for some reason, DPT wasn't working right, so it was removed temporarily. (Maybe these pages will be a little more helpful than I am: User talk:RavenQueen and User talk:TheVillageIdiot)
If you know how to add in the Damage per Turn and Total Average Damage sections in again correctly, please do! It's getting rather frustrating when adding (or trying to add) new weapon pages :P -RavenQueen
- Hehe, I picked up a thing of two while I was working on the DF Wiki.... Anyways, the only thing we really need to fix on the weapons template is adding in DPT and Total Average Damage again. I think you'd best leave out DPE and DoT, since nobody really used DPE much (and you probably know what happened with DoT) That's really all I can think of for now, so... -RavenQueen
- Oh, I got it all right.... (actually, the Recent Changes list gave you away) Now to start working on those categories again. Whee! Categories! Anyway, thanks again. It looks much nicer than I could've done it. -RavenQueen
Hi again! Something that has been nagging at me for a while now is the way our current Mech Weapon template handles multi-hit weapons. Can you create a new template (actually, it'd start out as a duplicate) specifically for them that uses a different formula for calculating the DPT? Instead of adding the number of hits up and multiplying the minimum and maximum damages by it, this would ask for the total damage range, the number of hits, and calculate DPT and the actual damage amounts per hit separately (since we really have no way of proving that the actual damages for multi-hit weapons are higher than the infoscreen amounts).
I really would appreciate it if you stuck your head out of hiding again to help, if you have the time. -RavenQueen